The good 'ole days at Liberty Bell Park in northeast Philadelphia

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Some pretty places I've been

In the last three years, I have been lucky enough to visit nearly every thoroughbred farm in Pennsylvania and many in Maryland, meeting some really great people in the process.  I thought I would post some pictures from those visits and share their beauty with you. 

First up is Gayle Gerth's picturesque Dana Point Farm in Lenhartsville, Pa.  Here are shots from both winter and summer:






Here is Travis and Wendy Kinnamon's main house on their lovely Break Away Farm in Kirkwood, Pa.:



And here is Sylmar Farm in Christiana, Pa., owned by Ronnie and Betsy Houghton (Wendy Kinnamon's parents).  The Houghtons were Pennsylvania's leading breeders last year and in 2004:





Here is gorgeous Timber Ridge Farm in Felton, Pa., last October.  It's owned by Boggs Shoemaker:



A pasture scene from new Northview-Pa. in Peach Bottom:



And finally, here's the now-defunct Maryland Stallion Station that was located in Darlington, Md.  What a beautiful farm, especially in the autumn. 





If you choose to use any of these photos, please credit Linda Dougherty.  Thanks for reading this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment